Tricks in the kitchen
1. Do not forget to add a pinch of salt to the cakes. You will emphasize the sweet taste.
2. For a good dough, the ingredients used must have the same temperature. Exceptions to this rule are tender doughs. To make a perfect pastry, you must use very cold water and butter.
3. Prevent leavened dough from air currents.
4. Allow the pastry dough to rest for 30 minutes between each round of processing.
5. When the cake layer is too dry, before soaking it in syrup keep it in a wet towel.
6. The fruits used for cakes are dusted in flour not to descend at the bottom of the pan. Or, the juicy fruit, cherries, which are used in cakes, may be kept for 2 hours in sugar to let their juice.
7. The rum, vanilla, lemon or orange essences etc. Are added at the end, after all other ingredients were put.
8. For a uniform baking of the cake it is recommended that the oil be poured in composition just like for the mayonnaise.
9. If you want to make a cake that has more than 4-5 eggs and you notice that you do not have enough eggs, you can replace an egg with a tablespoon of sour cream, milk or soda.
10. For speeding the melting of the cold butter, cut it into cubes and leave it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
11. In case you run out of baking paper, it can be successfully replaced by traditional A3 or A4 paper greased with oil.
12. For an exceptional cheesecake, take care that the cow cheese to be soft, allowed to warm at room temperature for at least 30 minutes after removing it from the refrigerator. If it is not soft, the cow cheese does not stir homogeneously.
13. You can control whether the cake is raw or not by thrusting a toothpick in the composition built up in the oven. If the composition does not stick to the toothpick, it means it is ready.
14. It may happen that the cake be browned on the surface, but inside to be raw. To avoid burning, it is recommended to cover the cake with a specific size and shape paper and continue baking.
15. Prepare an ice-cream without ice crystals. For this you just need to add a few drops of lemon in composition.
16. Lemon juice also works wonders for the freshly cut fruit. Thus, if you don’t want apples, pears or bananas to darken, sprinkle them with a few drops of lemon juice.
17. Strawberries used for decoration should be sprayed with alcohol or brandy to maintain flavor and color.
18. You can avoid the oxidation of the fruit used for decorating the cakes and tarts they are coated with transparent jelly.
19. A perfect pudding without crust? Nothing simpler - sprinkle a little sugar over when the pudding is hot.
20. For the core of the marshmallows to remain soft, add 1 teaspoon of corn starch in the composition and stirring is made at average speed, not fast.